Monday, August 31, 2009

Where DID Summer Go???

Wow....we had a fun and quick summer! We traveled a little bit, but not much (other than my weekly work travel), we did some major work on our house and put it on the market, and spent many hours (and many sunburns) at the pool! I'm so sad that the pool closed this weekend...I don't understand why they didn't stay open through Labor Day, but it didn't seem like anyone else up there this weekend understood either!

Caroline continued going to Miss Robin's Day School this summer, but during the summer they do a different theme each week and it is more like a summer camp than school. Last Monday, they officially started back to school, and soon Caroline will be moved to the pre-K. I can't believe how big and smart she is getting!

We are SOOOOOO ready for football season to begin! I have to work a few of the games (host donors in the suites, etc.), so it will be strange to be one of the ones dressed nice and acting refined during the football games for those particular Saturdays! I guess it also means that I am going to have to curtail the amount of "tailgating" I do before having to go up to the suites too! We got a seat for Caroline this year, so she'll be a cheerleader all season!! Where is everyone else tailgating? Now that the East Lot has reduced the parking lot by so much, everyone is spread out all over campus...Let me know where you are tailgating!!

Here are some pics over the past few weeks...

I was laying out reading and the lady laying out next to me was laughing and I looked at what she was laughing at, and it was Caroline lounging! She even had her head back on the float and her eyes closed. All she needs is a cocktail and she really fits in at the pool:)


We went to Wichita Falls (actually, Iowa Park) to visit my grandparents last week. Caroline had a blast at the park that is down from their house...she went three times in one day! They have taken out all of the old equipment and put in a brand new playground. It is very nice, but kind of sad that the equipment that my brother and I grew up playing on is no longer there (my brother is WAY mad about the fire truck being gone!!)


My PaPa wanted a picture of just Dale and I, and Caroline tried her hand at photography...not too bad!


Caroline and her Daddy and cousins...all of the kiddos love their Uncle Dale!! Funny side note...if you ask Caroline what her daddy's name is, she says "Uncle Dale"!


I just had to add this picture to prove that every once in a while I am domestic (well......as domestic as a boxed cake and canned icing is!).

0 comments: