Thursday, January 7, 2010

Christmas Dinner

Since Caroline wasn't going to be with me on Christmas day, I decided I was going to distract myself by making an extravagant meal for my family. I wasn't going to go to the grocery store, though, until Christmas Eve afternoon when Caroline was already gone...I was gonna trade one headache for another!! Well, the snow drift up against my garage was up to my waist, and no one on my block could even get into the alley! (I actually couldn't get my car out unil the 27th, and even then I got stuck...twice...trying to get out of the alley and a great neighbor helped me out!) Also...my brother was working, sister in law was out of town, dad had Christmas Eve service at the church he works out and my mom couldn't get her little car out...so there wen't my fancy meal!! Well...I still had a frozen turkey in the freezer, so out it came! I pulled enough together from my pantry to do a stuffing (even though I didn't end up liking it...), mashed potatos, green bean casserole and ginger carrots. Not too bad!

0 comments: